Water Distribution Rehabilitation Technologies
Professor Neil S. Grigg
Colorado State University
You will Learn:
- The problem of aging water infrastructure: causes and extent
- The urgency of addressing aging water distribution infrastructure
- Water quality and health effects relating to distribution systems
- Pipeline inventory and materials
- How decisions are made about pipeline rehabilitation
Water distribution rehabilitation is an urgent infrastructure problem and will be on the agenda of utilities, local governments, and industries for many years. Based on national studies, a large gap exists between current expenditures on water main rehabilitation and the investment levels needed to sustain system integrity.
Watch this 10-minute preview and learn how utilities engage in sophisticated studies to allocate their scarce capital, and how large-scale manufacturing and construction industries compete for the business in the pipeline market. Topics will include new types of materials and assessment technologies, along with information technologies such as GIS drive innovation.
Sign up for a free Bronze membership today to receive your complimentary ondemand course!
Please provide a valid business e-mail to receive your access instructions.
Already a member? Log In
You will receive a Free Bronze Membership
to Water Law Resource with your OnDemand Course!